I’ve started to rewatch Parks and Recreation over this holiday because it is one of my all-time favourite shows as it makes me so happy. I’ve also been super productive (or I’d like to think that I have been) because the character Leslie Knope is so positive and productive that I just want to be likeher so much. However, I’ve recently been thinking about the little and simple pleasures in life that make me happy whenever I am blue so I thought that I would write them down for you, and in doing so I hope that you do the same and realise that there are good things around even when life isn’t massively exciting.
- Parks and recreation (honestly you guys should watch it).
- Booking flights.
- Looking up a book online which usually ends up in me buying about 10.
- Being a quiz host at the Read’s.
- Making really pretty looking mind-maps.
- Wearing workout leggings even though I know full right that I’m not going to do a workout.
- Falafel wraps.
- Getting off the train at Lowestoft station.
- Walking/biking in the warm evening air.
- Cake from Tofueri (it is to die for, please check it out)!
- Ticking everything off my to do list.
- Being so excited for dinner that my siblings and I just cook it really early.
- Waking up ages before your alarm and knowing that you can sleep for longer.
- When we don’t sit near the annoying high school children on the train.
- Jake laughing so much that he starts to cry.
- Murray Gold’s masterpiece that is the Doctor Who soundtracks.
- Watching a marvel film at the cinema in IMAX 3D.
- The fact that Jenna is cool with me laying my head on her shoulder whenever I need it.
- Having a hot chocolate after a long day.
- Packaging that says suitable for vegans on it so you don’t have to waste time looking at every ingredient.
- Going on a road trip and belting out absolute tunes.
- The new, blue trains that are just beautiful.
- When people post pictures of their pets/ basically any animal.
- Reading stupid contemporary/ YA fiction.
- Getting into a bed with clean sheets.
Thinking and writing these things down has put me in a really good mood and has shifted my focus from dwelling on the bad things in life to being super positive.